Holy Monastery Saint George of Ampelakia
The church of Saint George is built in the late 15th or early 16th century, with remarkable interior frescoes and rare icons, with the most important being the enthroned St. George.
The Church of St. George is dedicated to the "Dragonslayer" Saint and is a faithful example of the traditional architecture of the Ampelakia.
Saint George Church, who is the patron saint of the village, was erected in 1720, built in 1721 by hagiographer Konstantinos, decorated with frescoes and has been enriched with wood-carved Temple and Dance.
It is also worth mentioning that in the courtyard of the temple and in the southern part of the church, we find the bust of the Ampelakian Bishop Rogos Joseph, who was a hero in the siege of Messolonghi, evidence of the intense relationship and participation of the Ampelakians in the liberation struggle of the Greeks.
Days and Hours for Visits ---