City Section Kato Olympou
Local Community Spilia
Distance from Makrichori (Ηeadquarters of the Μunicipality) 21 km
Spilia is a beautiful mountainous village on the slopes of Kissavos and the name derives from the many caves in the mountainous area north of the village.
The forest of Spilia belongs to the European network NATURA 2002.
It is the main base of mountain activities in the area, such as hiking in the path to the summit of Kissavos, climbing, horseback riding and mountain bike tours or 4X4 vehicles.
The village gathers many visitors during the summer months, whereas it is "flooded" with visitors at the Festival of Panagia on the 15th of August.
- National Resistance Monument
- 4 Tholos Mycenaean Tombs
- Cemetery Alexander the Great (funerary finds)
- Holy Monastery Birth Theotokos
- Holy Monastery Saint Panteleimona 1773
- Holy Monastery Saint Athanasios 1774
- Doctor-philosopher Tower N. Daxara
- Mansion Gaki
- June 1st, Memorial of National Resistance
- 1st Weekend of August, Cultural Weekend
- Carnival, lighting Mpoumpounas, Mpourani
- Saint Panteleimonas (patron saint)